HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO FRIES + GUACAMOLE
What is better than homemade sweet potato fries in winter? I'd say not much, I am absolutely obsessed with them whether they are as a side to a delicious dish or just own their own in a big bowl I am a fan!!
- 2 ORANGE SWEET POTOATOES
- 2 PURPLE SWEET POTATOES
- GARLIC SALT
- 2 SEMI RIPE AVOCADOS
- LIME JUICE
- 2 TBSP MAYONNAISE (I use Veganaise)
- Preheat oven to 200-220 degrees. Line a large tray/s with either baking paper or oil.
- Chop up sweet potatoes, and toss in oil, turmeric, paprika and garlic salt (ensure all fries are evenly covered in ingredients).
- Place sweet potato fries evenly on the tray/s ensuring their is plenty on space between each chip (overcrowding is a major cause of soggy fries).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the oven. Check on fries after 30 minutes to see if they need to be cooked for a bit longer.
- Whilst fries are been cooked in the oven, its time to make your guacamole. removed two avocados from their skins and place into a bowl. Add in two splashes of lime juice (more if you like the lime hit) and two tablespoons of mayonnaise and mix/ mash together.
- Remove sweet potato fries from the oven, set aside for 5 minutes to cool down. Place fries in a large bowl and serve with guacamole on the side - enjoy!!
*To avoid soggy fries which let's be honest no one likes or enjoys, ensure that you cover your fries in enough oil and cook your fries for long enough. Most people worry about burning their fries and take them out too early from the oven (I used to be one of these people) but don't stress leave them in a little longer until they're a nice shade of golden brown, even with a little bit black on the ends. This will ensure they are nice and crunchy on the outside but will still be soft on the inside.