TURKEY PESTO ZOODLES
So I've been on my AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) diet for over a week now, and honestly it is not as bad as what I first feared it would be. Sure it's been super inconvenient not be able to eat 90% of things, but I have learnt it's all about preparation and effort. The only times I have found myself struggling and feeling down because I am on the AIP diet have been when I hadn't meal prepped and when I chose not to put effort into my meal because I couldn't be bothered or I was too tired.
Otherwise it's pretty normal and just extremely healthy eating, granted I normally eat quite healthy so it would have been an easier transition for me than others - the only things I am really missing are eggs, any kind of cheese and cereal.
I wanted to share with you guys a really delicious recipe which I have been cooking up to have for some of my dinners which is really easy and tasty - Turkey Pesto Zoodles!
- Zucchini Zoodles
- 500g Turkey Mince
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 2-3 Rashers of Bacon
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- Sprinkle of vegan cheese
- First, cook up the turkey mince and bacon in a fry-pan until all of the mince looks cooked
- Add in onion and garlic broccoli, mushrooms and continue to cook in fry-pan
- Steam or cook your zucchini zoodles in the microwave whilst your cooking the vegetables and meat in the fry-pan
- Combine zucchini zoodles with meat and other vegetables in fry-pan
- Add in/ stir through the pesto sauce
- Top with vegan cheese and serve
Hope you enjoy this delicious treat as much as I did, you can also do this meal with tuna instead of turkey mince and just steam all of your veggies for a really quick meal.