GOOD FOR YOU CHOCOLATE CAKE
Let's be honest here, who doesn't love anything chocolate!!
I know I do, not that I am much of a sweet tooth. But when I do decide to eat something sweet it is generally anything chocolate. So naturally you want to be able to eat something which is yummy, delicious and you want to eat it guilt free. So I come bearing wonderful chocolaty gifts in the form of one of the most delicious chocolate cake recipes I have ever tasted - and what is even better is... yum you guessed it, its HEALTHY!!
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour (Sifted)
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 10 Eggs
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Raw Protein Isolate (Coconut & Cacao)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup Honey (Preferably Raw)
- 1tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl combine flour, cacao, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, blend eggs, butter, honey, vanilla and orange zest
- Add dry ingredients into large bowl and continue to blend
- Oil (2) 9-inch cake pans and dust with coconut flour (for ease of removal, I cut parchment paper to put in cake pans and then simply use butter or coconut oil to grease the paper and sides of the pan)
- Pour batter into pans and bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely then remove from pans
- Frost and serve
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 3/4 cup of virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- dash or two of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a saucepan (you don’t want to heat it, just melt it)
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and pulse until well combined. (I have also just whisked this by hand)
- Scrape into a small bowl and place in the freezer or refrigerator until it has hardened to desired consistency. It took about 15 minutes in my freezer. (I check on it every 5-10 minutes and stir/whisk it)
- You can use a hand mixer to fluff the frosting up (you may need to do this if the frosting has become too stiff as well). Spread on desired baked good and enjoy!
Top it all off with you choice of delicious fruits, nuts ,perhaps some shredded coconut and enjoy!